Lane Supply Company is looking for a warehouse/purchasing manager to join our innovative, dynamic team!
About the position: Warehouse, Purchasing Manager
Based out of New Berlin, WI, the Warehouse/Purchasing Specialist will be a full-time position. Warehouse/Purchasing Specialist is responsible for managing product requirements ordering, maintaining appropriate levels min/max levels on stocking items; creating and completing production orders for assemblies, build assemblies, tank modifications, spray gun conversions, kits, etc. receive product in, checking for damage, confirming quantities; pull package and ship materials; consolidate and palletize product, and prepare appropriate paperwork.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years of warehouse experience, is self-motivated, team-oriented, and customer-focused. Also, the ideal candidate needs the ability to frequently lift 30 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs., use forklifts, pallet jacks, dolleys, etc.
What you’ll do in the role
- Managing product requirements ordering.
- Maintain appropriate min/max levels on stocking items.
- Create and complete production orders for assemblies.
- Build assemblies, tank modifications, spray gun conversions, kits, etc.
- Pull, package, and ship materials.
- Consolidate and palletize product, prepare appropriate paperwork.
- Coordinate with carriers for pickup and delivery of Less-Than-Truckload.
- Assign and set up bins for new stocking items.
- Receive product in, check for damage, confirm quantities, and place in bins.
- Complete necessary follow-up to return or receive credit on damaged inventory.
- Utilize a forklift for moving products in/out of inventory bins and removing/placing on carrier’s trucks.
- Maintain the forklift.
- Assist walk-in and will call customers with their orders.
- Conduct quarterly and year-end cycle counts.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2+ years of warehouse experience.
- Team oriented and customer focused.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- You are responsible for all day-to-day warehouse duties.
- Position requires a candidate that can prioritize and manage daily workflow.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to pick and replenish stock from paper documentation.
- Coordinate with customer service to ensure order accuracy.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity.
- Multi-tasking and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to frequently lift 30 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
- Forklift experience / certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED; undergraduate degree preferred.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends 20% of the time sitting and 80% of the time either standing or walking.
- Involves lifting, twisting and/or bending up to 75 lbs.
- Uses cart, dolley, or other equipment to carry more than 25 lbs.
- Bends, twists, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, and crouches while performing work duties. Climbing of stairs and ladders.
- Verbal and auditory capacity, enabling interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, etc.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination, enabling the use of automated office and warehouse machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of work-related equipment, forklifts, pallet jacks, dolleys, etc.
What we offer
- A fun, fast-paced, competitive work environment
- Extremely competitive benefits include: 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 3% company contribution toward your 401k
- 7 paid holidays plus your birthday
- Competitive and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
- Work from home flex schedule
Ready to apply? Good. Send your resume to Careers@LaneSupplyCompany.com.