Lane Supply Company is looking for a purchasing agent to join our innovative, dynamic team!
About the position: Purchasing Agent
Lane is looking for a career-oriented individual with strong analytical skills to oversee the procurement of industrial supplies for a fast-growing distributor. Purchasing includes industrial supplies and building materials for domestic companies.
This position is based in Denver, CO, and would report to the Vice President of Operations.
What you’ll do in the role
- Manage supplier relationships with manufacturers, negotiating best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on company purchasing needs and scheduling requirements.
- Generate reporting based on inventory levels, usage trends, and lead times to assist with inventory purchase decisions.
- Analyze reporting and determine replenishment needs to maintain adequate inventories at multiple locations.
- Locate new vendors for needed materials, qualify them, determine material availabilities, handle competitive pricing, and manage lead times.
- Track key performance indicators and identify ways to improve performance against the metrics.
- Work to maintain/improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Track inbound and outbound shipments.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- MRP planning experience
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel and databases)
- BS degree in supply chain management or similar degree
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing, data analysis, or similar field
- The ability to manage with independent problem solving and good decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills and an ability to interact with vendors and company personnel in a professional manner
- Experience with Dynamics ERP (Business Central) would be ideal
What we offer
- A fun, fast-paced, competitive work environment
- Extremely competitive benefits include: 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 3% company contribution toward your 401k
- 7 paid holidays plus your birthday
- Competitive and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
- Work from home flex schedule
Ready to apply? Good. Send your resume to Careers@LaneSupplyCompany.com.