Lane Supply Company is looking for a purchasing manager to join our innovative, dynamic team!
About the position: Purchasing Manager
Lane is looking for a career-oriented individual with strong analytical skills to oversee procurement of industrial supplies for fast-growing distributor. Purchasing includes industrial supplies and building materials for domestic companies.
This position is based in Denver, CO, and would report to the Vice President of Operations.
What you’ll do in the role
- Manage supplier relationships with manufacturers. negotiating best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on company purchasing needs and scheduling requirements.
- Retain, coach, develop and manage the performance of a Purchasing Specialist.
- Generate reporting based on inventory levels, usage trends, and lead times to assist with inventory purchase decisions.
- Analyze reporting and determine replenishment needs to maintain adequate inventories at multiple locations.
- Locate new vendors for needed materials, qualifications, material availabilities, competitive pricing, and lead times.
- Track key performance indicators and identify ways to improve performance against the metrics.
- Work to maintain/improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Track inbound and outbound shipments.
- Manage and communicate product availability.
- BS degree in supply chain management or similar degree
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing, data analysis, or similar field.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- MRP planning experience.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel and databases)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage with independent problem solving and good decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills and an ability to interact with vendors and company personnel in a professional manner.
What we offer
A fun, fast-paced, competitive work environment
Extremely competitive benefits include: 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
3% company contribution toward your 401k
7 paid holidays plus your birthday
Competitive and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
Work from home flex schedule
Ready to apply? Good. Send your resume to Careers@LaneSupplyCompany.com.